Sunday, December 2, 2012

Charlie Brown Tree

Living in apartments for the last 4 years, we had to make due with this little guy.  I hated to not use him now that we have the space, so I designated him as the man cave tree.  Adrian has a collection of Star Trek ornaments that I seem to have a hard time finding a place for, so now, they have their very own tree.  I think this is a work in progress though.  He can really go crazy on his Fan Boy tree.






 Here's the Enterprise from Next Generation...







And the Romulan Bird of Prey.  He also has the Klingon Bird of Prey and the Enterprise from Deep Space Nine...















And Bubble Lights...













And the ultimate tree topper - Darth Vader's Tie Fighter.  We definitely need more Star Wars representation on this tree!

I think we are going to try and make these ornaments I saw on Pinterest.  We have tons of Legos.  So this should be fun.  

Lego Ornaments


Today was gorgeous out!  December 2nd and 66°.  Crazy.  I could handle a whole winter like this!

Colten has a Science project on fossils he is working on so step one was find a fossil.  We headed down to the creek across the street from the house and had an expedition.
 





We brought along a hammer and screwdriver to dislodge any fossils we found. 










Whether he was actually looking for fossils in this rock or not is questionable, but he really enjoyed chiseling it apart.













Colten found this little rock with 2 shell fossils in it.  We also found another shell fossil in the big rocks.  He's going to take them both in to school, then decide which one to do his report on.



I thought the mushrooms on this downed trunk were really cool.  They were huge!  I should have made one of the boys stand there for scale.  I would guess they were as big as a dinner plate at least.  I looked them up and they are polysphore shelf mushrooms.






I got some great ideas on what to do with the mantel.  Thanks for sharing your ideas on Facebook.  You can also comment here if you like.  I have an idea of what I want to do, but I just need to find the time to make it happen.  Of course I'll show you when I do.

What did you do with this weekend?  Was the weather great where you are too?  Did you find any fungis with your fun guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment